Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bluebirds and Bluefische

My search for the ideal woven wrap continued...


Didymos caribe (Linen/cotton)
Didymos Caribe 3 (linen/cotton) FWCC TUB

Every time I asked for recommendations of a good wrap for a heavy baby, this would be raved about. Sadly, we just never got on in reality. The texture of the cotton/linen fabric feels dry and chalky to me, its too thick and too bright a turquoise. I love the fishes and the black weft, and maybe it was just a case of it being over hyoed for me, but its just not our wrap. I even tried again months later with a shorter version, but poor Caribe suffered the same fate again.

Natibaby swallows (Linen/Cotton)

Natibaby Blue/Black Swallows 6 (linen/cotton) 

At the time I bought these everyone seemed to be selling their swallows, slating them saying they were too thick, like wrapping with a curtain, etc. I almost dreaded them arriving. But it was love at first sight. Velvety, satiny, with a beautiful sheen and perfect pattern, and still the most comfy and supportive things I have ever carried A in. I owned them in both blue/black and olive/black, and then sold them in a moment of madness recently. I still miss them and consider buying them back. It's a sickness!
Natibaby Olive/Black Swallows 6 (Linen/cotton) FWCC

No comments:

Post a Comment